10 Year Reunion (2016)

10 Year Reunion (2016)

More Lies Between Friends

10 Year Reunion (2016) (aka: Perfect Life, Perfect Lies)

Back when they were at high school in Harmony best friends; Carly (Kacey Clarke), Patty (Kayla Ewell), Rose (Jillian Nelson), and Erica (Anya Engel-Adams) created a time capsule containing their secrets and desires. Now, 10 years later, they are all returning for the Harmony High reunion with a plan to dig up the capsule and catch up. But for Carly there is some thing she needs to get to the bottom of, the death of their friend Abby (Abigail Klein) who was against drugs but died of mixing alcohol and drugs at their high school graduation party.

I don't remember when it was but at some point in my movie loving life I realised that the same stories do the rounds, cropping up every few years with a current cast to appeal to a current audience. What that means is that when for example I watched "10 Year Reunion", which also goes by the name "Perfct Life, Perfect Lies", I found myself looking through my reviews for a movie which it reminded me of. That movie was "Lies Between Friends" which like this sees old friends coming together for an event but find the mystery of an old death weighing heavily over some of them.

10 Year Reunion (2016) (aka: Perfect Life, Perfect Lies)

What that really means is that "10 Year Reunion" runs to the usual formula of most TV movies as we have Carly trying to get to the bottom of what happened all those years earlier and discovering not only was there a cover up but some of her friends lied. And of course there is some inevitable danger as there are those who want secrets kept just that. Yes there is some ingenuity to this with a video element from beyond the grave as we learn that Abby had a sense that some would have prefered her dead. But it still sticks to the traditional formula of secrets, lies and danger, well far fetched danger with a dangerous figure in a gardening outfit.

Sadly what this all means is that from a storyline point of view "10 Year Reunion" is not the most captivating and the thing you end up remembering about it is that actresses trying to act like teenage best friends often come across as not just being over the top but ridiculously fake. I won't single anyone out because sadly pretty much everyone in this TV movie struggles to bring the high school best friends part of the story to life in a convincing manner.

What this all boils down to is that "10 Year Reunion" is many things; it is a TV movie which uses the same sort of storyline which has done before, it is a TV movie which runs to a pretty predictable formula, and it is a TV movie which suffers with some weak acting. But truth be told, if you enjoy the familiar, easy to watch nature of a TV movie "10 Year Reunion" will be just about an okay distraction.

Movie Recommendations

Twisted Sisters

Twisted Sisters (2016)

A couple of years after her sister dies Sarah (Sierra McCormick), as a lega ...

Social Nightmare

Social Nightmare (2013)

Catherine Hardy (Kirsten Prout) is incredibly close to her mother Susan (Da ...

Undergrad Nightmare

Undergrad Nightmare (2016)

Samantha (Greer Grammer) and Kristina (Emilija Baranac) have been best frie ...

Dear Diary, I Died

Dear Diary, I Died (2016)

Becca (Whitney Rose Pynn) had always been close to her sister Diana (Nicole ...

Suicide Note

Suicide Note (2016)

After comforting her roommate Emma (Kristen Ray) following the latest argum ...

Cradle of Lies

Cradle of Lies (2016)

After six years of being in a coma Marissa Davis (Nicole de Boer) comes to ...

Left for Dead

Left for Dead (2014)

Anna Walker (Elisabeth Röhm) comes around in hospital and is informed by th ...

Assumed Killer

Assumed Killer (2013)

On the way back from her mother-in-law's funeral, reporter Daria Valdez Mor ...

Desperate Escape

Desperate Escape (2009)

Following an attack which left her in a coma, Brooke Harris (Elisabeth Röhm ...

Restless Virgins

Restless Virgins (2013)

Sutton is a top prep school where the children of the rich and prominent go ...

The Cheating Pact

The Cheating Pact (2013)

With her father's insurance no longer covering her brother's physical thera ...

Honor Student

Honor Student (2014)

Having written "Killer Student", a best selling novel, Nick Howarth (Niall ...

Reverse Angle

Reverse Angle (2009)

Bitchy TV reporter Eve Preston (Emmanuelle Vaugier - Saw II) is sent to do ...

Dark Desire

Dark Desire (2012)

When Shane (Nic Robuck) shows up to Deerfield College on a wrestling schola ...

Dead on Campus

Dead on Campus (2014)

It's college time and Natalie Kellison (Katelyn Tarver) having arrived at c ...

Follow The Movie Scene

Follow The Movie Scene on Twitter Like The Movie Scene on facebook Join The Movie Scene on Gplus Subscribe to The Movie Scene's RSS