2 Guns (2013) Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Paula Patton, Edward James Olmos, Bill Paxton Movie Review

2 Guns (2013)   3/53/53/53/53/5

Denzel Washington in 2 Guns (2013)

2 Similar

Bobby Trench (Denzel Washington) and Michael Stigman (Mark Wahlberg) have been working together for the last year to rob a bank of around 3 million. What Michael doesn't realise is that Bobby is an under cover DEA agent trying bust Michael and his boss. And what Bobby doesn't know it hat Michael is actually a Naval Intelligence agent taking part in an operation for his boss. And if that wasn't complicated enough there was a lot more money in the bank than they were expecting and not only do they find themselves being hunted down by the mysterious Earl (Bill Paxton) but they both find themselves unable to trust their superiors, forcing them to go on the run.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave: When first we practise to deceive" they are a couple of famous lines from a poem which seem to sum up "2 Guns" quite nicely. I say that because this is one of those simple movies where we have two guys on the run that can't trust anyone and wind each other up. But it then layers it with twists, turns and double crosses so what seems to be one thing becomes a tangled mess as it evolves and revolves. The thing is that the contrived, concoction of a storyline is never really the focus of the movie as this is another modern movie which relies on cast and comedy/action.

But whilst Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg work together everything about this movie is almost toss away, a production line movie where we have action, wise cracks, flirting with women, some more action and wise cracks but none of it is captivating. Maybe it is just a case that "2 Guns" is just a generational movie, the sort of thing which if I watched as a twenty something would be a lot more enthusiastic about but now it is a case than seen it all before.

What this all boils down to is that "2 Guns" just failed to captivate me and had a similar action/comedy style to what Mel Gibson and Danny Glover were doing a couple of decades earlier, just with a different storyline.

LATEST REVIEWS